Latvia will be implementing the euro on the night from December 31, 2013, to January 1, 2014. Because of this, Citadele will be changing its IT systems and adapting its processes for the euro during the last few days of 2013 and in early 2014. This means that banking services for clients both in Latvia and in Estonia will be available to a limited degree.
We would like to inform you about the schedule of Citadele services during this period.
You will be able to use your Citadele payment cards with no interruption. Should a payment be rejected, please wait for a moment and try again.
Please make sure that you make Online banking payments in a timely way:
- Citadele Online banking payments will be possible until 13:00 on December 30;
- Online banking payments will be fully restored at 7:00 on January 2;
- There will be a halt in Online banking operations from midnight until noon on January 1;
- Information about loans and deposits will be visible on the Online banking system as of January 2.
Loans and leases
- If your regular loan or leasing payment is due between December 30 and January 1, please make the payment prior to 13:00 on December 30.
- The system will operate until 24:00 on December 31 and be restored at 12:00 on January 1.
Accounts in lats
- On January 1, all accounts in lats will automatically be converted to euros, making use of the official exchange rate of the Council of the European Union (EUR 1 = LVL 0.702804) and charging no commission fee;
- If you have a multi-currency account with both lats and euros, money in the lats account will be converted to the euro and added to the euros that are already in the account.
Your Citadele Bank