To modernise and significantly improve the Citadele IT system by implementing a stable foundation for the further development of digital services, payments on the online bank and mobile app will not be available for the entirety of August 22nd. It is expected that payment cards and ATMs will work as usual.
Citadele invites its clients to plan their payments in a timely manner and to read the bank’s overview of the availability of services while improvements are being made:
Payment cards and ATMS will work
- For your convenience, both card payments and ATM services will be available. It is expected that their functions will not be impacted by the IT system update.
Please make all urgent payments by August 21st
- Payments between accounts and to other bank accounts will not be available during this time, including payments using the online bank and app. If a client has a monthly payment due on the 22nd of August, the bank suggests that this is made ahead of time.
- Instant payments will not be available on August 22nd - during this time, neither outgoing nor incoming instant payments will be accepted.
- The processing of incoming payments will resume on the 23rd August.
- During the update, you will not be able to make any online purchases using the online bank, but you will be able to pay by card by entering your card details.
Online bank and app
- Both the app and online bank will be available to clients, but you will not be able to make payments until the update has been completed.
- Card operations made during the upgrade may only show up in clients’ accounts after the upgrade is over.
- Online services, such as remote applications for mortgage loans or consumer loans, will be available, but applications will be processed after the updates have been made.
Remote customer service
- If you have any questions, we kindly invite you to contact us via email email@example.com or by calling 770 0000.
- On Friday, August 22, starting at 5:00 pm, customer support calls will be automatically routed to the customer support number of the Latvian head office, which offers 24-hour service in English and Russian. Exceptionally, customer support is also open on Sunday, August 23 between 9.00 and 17.00.
A reminder that the bank will never call, text or email clients asking them to enter password, codes or other personal information.