Citadele Bank would like to remind its clients that because of the resetting of IT systems to the euro in Latvia, payments via the Citadele Online banking system, the Internet, Citadele ATMs and Citadele branches will only be possible until 1:00 PM today (Latvian time). Payments will not be possible until January 2, and the Citadele Online banking system will only be available to a limited degree. Payments will be restored at 7:00 AM on January 2.
Please remember that Citadele payment cards will be usable without any interruption in Latvia and abroad. In order to ensure that the transfer to the euro is as comfortable as possible, please make payments with our cards. Should a payment be rejected, please wait a moment and repeat the payment.
Beginning on January 1, all payments with cards will automatically be made in euros in Latvia.
As has been reported in the past, the transfer to the euro means that during the last days of 2013 and the first days of 2014, Citadele will be resetting its IT systems to the euro, and so some services outside of Latvia will only be available to a limited degree.
Citadele Online banking services
- From 1:00 PM on December 30 until 11:59 PM on December 31, the Online banking system will be visible, but payments and other operations will not be possible;
- The Online banking system will not be available at all from midnight until noon on January 1;
- From noon on January 1 until 7:00 AM on January 2, the Online banking system will be visible, and money in accounts in lats will be shown in euros
- Deposits and loans on the Online banking system will be visible from 7:00 AM on January 2;
The Online banking system will once again be fully operational at 7:00 AM on January 2.
- Citadele ATMs will remain operational until midnight on December 31;
Beginning at midnight on December 31, ATMs will gradually be reset for the euro, and so there will be a 30-minute interruption in their operations;
- ATM operations will be available once again after 12:30 AM on January 1.
Citadele SMS banking services
- There will be an interruption in Citadele SMS banking services from midnight on December 31 until noon on January 1.
- The Domina and Imanta Client Service Centres in Riga and the Citadele branch in Madona will be open on December 30 until 1:00 PM;
During the holidays on December 31 and January 1, all Citadele branches will be closed;
- Branches will reopen for normal operations on January 2.
More information about Citadele services during the transfer to the euro is available on the bank’s homepage, www.citadele.lv/euro/en
All money in client accounts in lats will automatically be converted to the euro on January 1, making use of the official exchange rate of EUR 1 = LVL 0.702804. The conversion will occur without any commission fee.